Broadstone is a camp-like property owned by Appalachian State University and operated by AppState University Recreation. It is located in picturesque Valle Crucis, just a short drive from AppState's main campus.
- Meeting and event space in our lodge
- Four cabins for overnight groups (total capacity of 88)
- Team bonding opportunities on our low and high ropes courses
- Wilderness medicine courses
- Informal recreation on our lower field with access to the Watauga River
Getting there from Boone:
- Take NC 105 South 3.2 Miles to Broadstone Road.
- Turn right onto Broadstone Road.
- Continue on Broadstone Road for 1.2 miles.
- Look for the pedestrian bridge that crosses Broadstone Road.
- Parking for events or informal recreation at the field is at the base of the bridge.
- If you are looking for the Lodge, the driveway is just beyond the bridge on the left.
- Large meeting and event space
- Gas logs fireplace with large stone hearth
- A small break-out room
- Fully-equipped kitchen for groups to prepare food
- Tables and chairs
- Linens by request
- Small covered porch
- Flat, grassy overflow area off the main room
- Parking for 20 vehicles
- Four cabins are available for overnight accommodations
- Hawksbill Mountain, Twisting Falls and Dutch Creek are identical and sleep 24 participants
- Beacon Heights is often used as a staff/instructor cabin and sleeps 16
- Each cabin has bunkbeds with regular twin mattresses
- All four cabins have 3 bathroom stalls, three showers and four sinks
- Cabins do not have air conditioning but do have heat
The Lower Field
- 2 pavilions with picnic tables are available for informal use and by reservation
- Large, mowed grass field
- Access to the Watauga River
- Organized events must reserve space on the lower field by submitting a Facility Request
Visitors are welcome anytime during daylight hours as long as their presence is not distracting during organized events. Please keep a respectful distance from educational programs.
- High Ropes Course
- Alpine Tower
- Team Development Course
- Group Interaction Course