Mini-Break Mondays are short excursions to the Blue Ridge Parkway. We'll do a mindfulness activity, take in a beautiful view and snap some pictures before returning to campus. Fill out the above registration form for this FREE event. Van leaves from the Student Recreation Center at 4pm and returns by 5:45pm.
Broadstone is a camp-like property owned by Appalachian State University and operated by AppState University Recreation. It is located in picturesque Valle Crucis, just a short drive from AppState's main campus.
- Meeting and event space in our lodge
- Four cabins for overnight groups (total capacity of 88)
- Team bonding opportunities on our low and high ropes courses
- Wilderness medicine courses
- Informal recreation on our lower field with access to the Watauga River
Getting there from Boone:
- Take NC 105 South 3.2 Miles to Broadstone Road.
- Turn right onto Broadstone Road.
- Continue on Broadstone Road for 1.2 miles.
- Look for the pedestrian bridge that crosses Broadstone Road.
- Parking for events or informal recreation at the field is at the base of the bridge.
- If you are looking for the Lodge, the driveway is just beyond the bridge on the left.
- Large meeting and event space
- Gas logs fireplace with large stone hearth
- A small break-out room
- Fully-equipped kitchen for groups to prepare food
- Tables and chairs
- Linens by request
- Small covered porch
- Flat, grassy overflow area off the main room
- Parking for 20 vehicles
- Four cabins are available for overnight accommodations
- Hawksbill Mountain, Twisting Falls and Dutch Creek are identical and sleep 24 participants
- Beacon Heights is often used as a staff/instructor cabin and sleeps 16
- Each cabin has bunkbeds with regular twin mattresses
- All four cabins have 3 bathroom stalls, three showers and four sinks
- Cabins do not have air conditioning but do have heat
The Lower Field
- 2 pavilions with picnic tables are available for informal use and by reservation
- Large, mowed grass field
- Access to the Watauga River
- Organized events must reserve space on the lower field by submitting a Facility Request
Visitors are welcome anytime during daylight hours as long as their presence is not distracting during organized events. Please keep a respectful distance from educational programs.
- High Ropes Course
- Alpine Tower
- Team Development Course
- Group Interaction Course